Current Show Date: January 10, 2017 / 5pm-7pm
Every Second Tuesday
Hosted by: Marichal J Brown, Gerry Gos Simpson, NSAA, Tony Harvey
We would like to welcome Black Talk Sacramento podcast, held at
2814 35th Street
Guest: Tim Martin II
Timothy Martin was born and raised in Sacramento CA. He attended American River Community College and received his AA Degree. He attended Jackson State University in Mississippi in 2007 to study Sociology. He has also earned an Affordable Health Care Act Certification from UC Davis Medical Center and has worked as a after school program coordinator for the Roberts Family Development Center. Timothy Martin is currently a case manager for Sacramento City College, and deeply involved in community based building and personal development.
Guest: Simeon Gant
Simeon Gant is a government relations and public affairs consultant. He is the Executive Director of Green Technical Education and Employment (Green Tech), a community-based non-profit organization. Green Tech teaches high school students about career opportunities in clean energy, energy efficiency and sustainable living skills. Simeon has served as legislative consultant in the California State Assembly and Senate. Prior to his work in government, Simeon was a broadcast news and print journalist for KRNV News Channel 4, an NBC affiliate and the Sacramento Observer newspaper in Sacramento, California. He graduated from California State University, Sacramento in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications (Broadcast News).
Observer News: Tony Harvey
- SHIRT DAY: 9a.m. to 2pm. Purchase your official March for the Dream shirts, Learn about the March and Volunteer Orientation (Sacramento City Unified School District–5735 47th Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95824) Saturday, January 14, 2017
THE KING DAY SCHEDULE — Monday, January 16, 2017
- EXTRA MILE BEGINS: 8a.m. – 8:30a.m. The ceremonial start of the march for leaders and Oak Park residence (Oak Park Community Center—3425 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.)
- THE OFFICIAL START OF THE MARCH: 9a.m. – 9:30a.m. The official start of the march begins at Sacramento City College (3835 Freeport Blvd.)
- THE MARCH ARRIVES AT THE CONVENTION CENTER: 11:15a.m. – 11:45a.m. The march arrives at the Sacramento Convention Center and passing by our reviewing stand (Sacramento Convention Center—1400 J Street)
- THE DIVERSITY EXPO BEGINS: 10a.m. – 2p.m. The main stage program and opening ceremonies will start promptly at noon in addition to the activities that will be in full swing. (Sacramento Convention Center—1400 J Street)
- FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE: You will have plenty of food options when at the end of the march.
- REGIONAL TRANSIT BUSES: Buses will shuttle walkers back to their points of origin immediately upon arrival
- REMEMBER, “THE MARCH FOR JUSTICE NEVER ENDS UNTIL THE NEXT ONE BEGINS.”
List of black Golden Globe Award winners and nominees
|Best Drama Motion Picture:||Moonlight|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture:||Viola Davis|
|Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy TV Series:||Donald Glover|
The 11 Blackest Moments Of The 2017 Golden Globe Awards
Viola Davis gets star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame
Willie Rogers, Oldest Surviving Tuskegee Airman Dies
‘Hidden Figures’ Beats Out ‘Star Wars’ to Become the No. 1 Movie In America
First African-American Crewmember To Join The International Space Station
Astronaut Jeanette Epps made African-American history on Wednesday when NASA announced that she’ll be the first black American astronaut to board the International Space Station.
Married to money: ‘smart’ wedding ring doubles as payment method
In the future, rings could become much more than statements of commitment or fashion. According to a Hong Kong-based tech company, wedding rings will continue to be symbols of everlasting love – but also a method of payment.